Job Title: Community Health Worker
Reports to: Project Director
Hours: Full time/Part time
Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
Organization: Established in 2019, Saahas for Cause is a woman-run 501(c)(3) that educates, empowers, and enables the South Asian (India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, and Maldives) immigrant community to improve their quality of life. Saahas supports South Asian immigrants in LA and Orange Counties with services in mental health, aging, youth, parenting, cultural integration, domestic violence prevention and intervention, public health, citizenship, and service navigation. Saahas has done extensive community outreach such as COVID vaccination clinics, public education on the sidewalk, visiting temples, libraries, and senior centers, and going door to door at businesses and homes, as well as case management, health system navigation, support groups, and wellness checks.
Position Overview: The position of Community Health Worker (CHW) is central to Saahas’ success. This position is responsible for conducting public health outreach considering COVID-19 pandemic to:
- The general population
- South Asian communities
- our partner organizations which include both mainstream American institutions like public schools, as well as South Asian institutions like religious centers and South Asian owned businesses
- our existing South Asian clients, young and old
- Involve in Covid 19 outreach, education, engagement of the South Asian immigrant community.
- Perform culturally sensitive and linguistically specific outreach.
- Data collection through survey within the community about their needs and fears.
- Provide system navigation in linguistically specific manner.
- Work collaboratively to help design COVID-19 educational material.
- Aid the community members coming to the vaccination clinics.
- Manage procurement and distribution of PPE to the community, coordinate designing and printing of educational material and distribution.
- Attend relevant training, communication and feedback sessions as required by the job.
- Ensure accurate maintenance of records, data collection, timesheets, and timely reporting of outreach activities as needed.
- 4-year college degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work experience in public health, community outreach, education, and prevention.
- Understanding of nonprofit management.
- Basic knowledge in designing and creating outreach flyers and educational materials.
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing at least two South Asian languages and basic knowledge of the different communities and culture within the diaspora.
- Proficiency using CRM software for data maintenance and reporting.
- Proficient using Google and Microsoft suites.
- Open to travel as and when required to the office, community events, outreach efforts and partnership opportunities.
- Work Authorization for USA required. Valid driver’s license and ability to use personal vehicle for transporting outreach collateral and materials to in-person events, as needed.
Please include a cover letter and resume in your application and send it to email@example.com.
Please be ready to provide at least two references upon job confirmation. A background check will be required to be completed prior to hiring.